On April 1, 2015, we went to a pay to taste arrangement at the tasting room. After much internal discussion and research throughout the wine industry, we began a new tasting policy at the winery. Wine tastings are offered to customers at a price of $5 for 8 wine samples. We also will be offering $1 per taste if guests would prefer fewer than 8 wines. The limit on wine samples will be 8 which we believe allows our guests to try enough of our wines to get a feel for the wine style and taste, while also being responsible with alcoholic beverages. Customers are welcome to split their tastes with another individual too. We appreciate your support, and your patronage, and hope to see you at the winery soon!
We offer a number of discounts at the winery when purchasing wine, including:
- 4 bottle BBV reuseable bag – 5 percent off purchase
- 6 bottles – 5 percent off purchase
- 12 or more bottles – 10 percent off purchase
- Wine of the month discounts – 5 percent off individual bottles of the wine of the month; 15 percent off full cases of wine of the month.
- Veteran’s Discount – 10 percent
Hours of Operation
Starting April 1, we will go back to our Summer hours – Open Monday to Saturday 11 am to 6 pm. Open on Sunday 1 pm to 6 pm. We are closed on these major holidays: New Year’s Day, Easter, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.
Harvest Moon Band – April 2, 2016
Harvest Moon band will be at the winery playing an free indoor concert on Saturday April 2, 2016. Come out and enjoy some music from 2 pm to 5 pm.
Check out www.harvestmoonkc.com for more details on this band.
Spring Release – April 23, 2016
We have set Saturday April 23 for our annual Spring Release! Come out and see what new vintage wines we have in store for you! We plan to release the following on April 23 -
- 2015 Jubilee – a sweet apple wine
- 2015 Blackberry Stroll – this is our seasonal sweet blackberry wine. Get it while it’s in stock!
- 2012 Norton – American oak barrel aged dry red wine from vintage year 2012.
- 2012 Norton Reserve – French oak barrel aged dry red.
In addition to these wine releases, we’ll have food samples, tours and tastings. We will waive our normal tasting fee for this special day so you can sample these new vintages. We will continue to limit your samples to 6 wines.
Drop by and see what BBV has to offer this Spring!
Painting @ The Bend – April 14, 2016
Mark Your Calendar!
Festivals across the state are starting to announce 2016 dates. See below for some that are already on the calendar and mark your calendar to attend!
- April 9, 2016 – Glasgow Wine Stroll, Glasgow, Mo.
- April 22, 2016 – Community Services League, Ooh Party! Independence, Mo. Stoney Creek Inn, 5 pm to 8 pm
- April 28, 2016 – Forks & Corks, a charity event benefitting Harvesters. Kansas City Convention Center, 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm
- June 10, 2016 – Independence Square Wine & Art Walk, Historic Independence Square, 6 pm to 9 pm
- June 10, 2016 – Brookfield Wine & Beer Walk, East Twin Park in Brookfield, Mo. 5 to 8 pm
- August, 27, 2016 – Marceline, Mo. Wine Stroll, 4 pm to 8 pm
- Sept. 10, 2016 – Independence Uncorked, Bingham Waggoner Estates, Independence, Mo. 1 to 6 pm
- Sept. 24, 2016 – Great Northwest Wine Festival, Mound City, Mo. 12 pm to 8 pm
- Sept. 24, 2016 – Salisbury Wine Walk, Salisbury, Mo. City Park, 4 pm to 8 pm